Small Project Grant 2021
The HOPE Foundation is a charitable trust established to prepare New Zealanders for an ageing future. The objectives of the HOPE Foundation include:
- Leading and resourcing the funding of researchers on ageing
- Disseminating research-based information about the effects of ageing on individuals and society
- Developing the pool of researchers on ageing in New Zealand
- Influencing decision-makers to improve the quality of life for ageing New Zealanders
The HOPE Foundation funds a wide range of research areas including biomedical, clinical, public health and wider psycho-social aspects of ageing. This small grant is designed to encourage researchers and/or clinicians to undertake small projects in gerontology or older adult health and well-being research, in keeping with the above objectives. The aim of this grant is to encourage research that may lead on to larger projects on aspects of ageing in New Zealand (NZ).
Maximum value $10,000.
NZ citizen or resident.
Research must be based in NZ.
Funding will not be awarded for those completing existing projects, or for the salaries of researchers with existing/continuous positions.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a written report to the HOPE Foundation Board, and may be invited to present their findings at HOPE Foundation fundraising activities.
Use of funds:
Salaries for research assistants/technicians and post-doctoral fellows.
If successful, funds must be spent within 1 year of allocation.
The application meets the wider aims of the HOPE Foundation
Scientific merit, including study design
Track record and wider research support
Closing date: November 1st, 2021
Successful applicants notified December 2021
Application form/budget, including quotes for equipment, travel or publishing costs/CV for all named investigators using NZ Standard CV format.
Please contact HOPE Foundation Executive officer Dr Jill Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
You can also help by
- Spreading the word about what we do / share this newsletter
- Donating your time to the Friends Supporters to help with fundraising and committee work
- Encouraging your children and grandchildren to invest in their futures by donating time and money (a baby girl born today has a 1 in 3 chance of living to 100 , a boy 1 in 4 and is likely to be fitter and healthier–think about the implications of that)
- Consider a bequest