CLOSING DATE: 31 OCTOBER 2019
These scholarships, established in 2003 as The HOPE Foundation Scholarships, are intended to support and encourage young University researchers into the ageing field, so a strong academic focus can be developed for New Zealand’s future needs.
The administration of these scholarships is through the HOPE Foundation.
The HOPE Foundation for Research on Ageing is a Charitable Trust, established in 1994. The mission of the Foundation is to:
- Lead and resource the funding of people doing research on ageing
- Disseminate research-based information about the effects of ageing on individuals and society
- Help develop the pool of researchers who study ageing in New Zealand
- Influence decision-makers to improve the quality of life for ageing New Zealanders.
Amount and Type of Award
- Each Scholarship, of up to $6000, will be awarded for a period of one year.
- The Scholarships will be paid in two installments, at the beginning of each semester.
The Scholarships are for one year but may be renewable for up to three years on reapplication.